Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leave oh Leave

This leave has been one of the most growing exsperiences in my life. Honduras was warm and wonderful. I always feel so refreshed once i get back from a mission trip. there is something special about helping people with your blood and sweat instead of just your pocket book. I almost lost my left eye while I was there. We were cutting rebarb and a piece of wire went flying at my left eye. If i had not been wearing my sunglasses then the wire would have gone through my cornia. Thank you God for sunglasses. So i only scratched my eye on a piece of sunglass rather than missing my eye completely. It reminds you how vulnerable you are sometimes. I really wished I could of seen my mother for more than a day. I miss her a lot and i can't wait to get back to kansas again to see her and spend some reall quality time just sitting on the porch drinking coffee. Indiana was an experience as well. I had to say good bye to Kristen while I was there. She has really become a big part of my life in such a short amount of time. I think Lance said goodbye to a part of his life while he was there. Sometimes you can't hold on to everything or live in the past. The cabin trip was very much that. I don't know if we will go to another on but i have a feeling that we won't be doing that. That trip did make me realize a lot about myself though. I tend to try to make myself ok with things if i think people that i care about need it. I realize that you can't make yourself ok with things you just bundle it all up until you become resentful. Now i have to deal with the reprocussions of my hard learned lesson. I know that things will work themselves out and that God will do good things with this like he does with all things. I look forward to seeing what God can do with the lessons I have learned while on leave. I think it will make me so much stronger and more secure which i have wanted for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home